CANAAN, Conn. (AP) _ An early morning fire at a Jewish camp in the northwestern Connecticut hills drew firefighters from several area departments.
Fire crews responded to the Isabella Freedman Jewish Retreat Center in Canaan at about 2:30 a.m. Thursday on reports that a cottage was on fire.
Officials say people in the cottage were able to get out safely. No injuries are reported.
Authorities say they believe a candle started the fire.
The retreat center’s website says it offers Jewish retreats, workshops, festivals, holiday experience and other programs throughout the year.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)