Dogs Die As Overloaded Plug Causes House Fire

STAMFORD, Conn. (AP) _ Stamford’s fire marshal says an overloaded electrical plug caused a blaze that destroyed a large home and killed two dogs.

Chief Fire Marshal Charles Spaulding told The Advocate  that the fire early Wednesday morning was sparked by an outside plug that was supplying electricity to a powerful fountain pump used to aerate a pond. He said the fire was an accident.

Spaulding says the homeowners– Jeff Gray and his wife, Margaret– were saved by their pet retriever, which woke them up during the fire. The retriever escaped the home unharmed, but the Grays’ two other dogs died in the blaze.

Spaulding says Jeff Gray tried to put out the fire with an extinguisher, but the blaze grew too big.

Officials called the home a total loss.
___
Information from: The Advocate, http://www.stamfordadvocate.com

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Connecticut

At The Box Office
Ski Card

Listen Live