Winter storm warning: The National Weather Service has posted a Winter Storm Warning for parts of the state Wednesday morning through Thursday morning.  Stay with WTIC NewsTalk 1080 for the latest forecast, and for traffic problems resulting from the weather. Read More

Local News

Manchester Home Uninhabitable After Fire

View Comments
(Credit:  ThinkStock)

(Credit: ThinkStock)

MANCHESTER, Conn. (CBS Connecticut) _ A Manchester home has been deemed uninhabitable after a kitchen fire Monday evening.

It broke out at 183 High St. just after 6 p.m. Joseph Plank, 28, who lives at the home with his parents, Gary and Debra Plank, was deep-frying chicken on the stove when he left it unattended and went to the basement.

His brother, 25-year-old Justin Plank, awoke to crackling and found the fire well-involved in the kitchen.

The two of them, along with their 21-year-old sister Jessica Plank and a 3-year-old girl escaped the home as did a family dog. No one was injured.

The blaze was put out and contained to the kitchen. There were no working smoke detectors in the home.

Not home at the time were the parents.

 

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 882 other followers