Bristol Authorities Make Threat Arrest; Offer Reward In Other Cases

BRISTOL, Conn. (CBS Connecticut) _ Bristol police have arrested a middle school student for at least one of a half dozen school bom threats in the past week.

The 13-year-old, who’s name won’t be released, is a student at Chippens Hill Middle School and is charged with making a threat on that school Wednesday around 1:02 p.m.

Among the charges include felony charges of falsely reporting an incident and threatening.

There was a similar threat at the Stafford School reported around 5:38 p.m.

Additionally, Bristol authorities have announced a $1,000 reward for information leading to an arrest(s) in connection with a string of threats against schools in town.

Bristol’s mayor, police chief, and superintendent of schools held an impromptu meeting with parents who showed up in the lobby of the police station, where a press conference had been scheduled.

They tried to reassure the parents, telling them that the threats appear to be from a number of students, not from a single unstable person.

Mayor Ken Cockayne said his own child would continue to attend school.

Some parents said they were considering keeping their children out of school.

Speaking to reporters earlier, Superintendent Ellen Solek said ” We are working very hard in conjunction with police to find the perpetrator or perpetrators who have cause these events over the last week, and we are close in two of those cases.”

As of Wednesday night, there had been six threats against schools in Bristol, five of them public schools, and one a Catholic school.

blog comments powered by Disqus
The Latest UConn News
Set Your Picks For Pro Football Challenge

Listen Live