Man Dead In Shelton Fire

(Shelton, Conn./CBS Connecticut) – Fire investigators in Shelton say a man pulled from a burning home Wednesday night has died.

The victim was discovered as firefighters battled a blaze at 593 Howe Avenue and rushed to Bridgeport Hospital.

According to Shelton fire marshal Jim Tortora, the fire was in a multi-family home.

He says the victim lived on the first floor.

Those living on the second-floor escaped and a basement apartment resident wasn’t home.

Tortora says it took them under a half-hour to knock down the fire.

The dead man’s name hasn’t been released.

Tortora says the likely cause of the fire was careless smoking.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Connecticut

Be Part of the Joe D & Gresh Fantasy Football League
Price Chopper Supermarkets Presents Retail Food Rescue Program

Listen Live