Stamford Death From CO, Ruled Accidental

STAMFORD, Conn. (AP) _ The Chief Medical Examiner’s Office says a man found in a car in Stamford last weekend died of accidental carbon monoxide poisoning.

Relatives found 47-year-old Darrell Grant of Stamford dead in his car on Highland Avenue on Sunday. Police believe he parked the car and left it running while he went to sleep, but the exhaust pipe was blocked by snow and carbon monoxide got into the interior of the vehicle.

Police say the car had run out of gas and the battery was dead when officers arrived at the scene Sunday.

Grant’s relatives say they hadn’t seen him since Friday but were able to find him because he often parked his car in the Highland Avenue area.

(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Connecticut

CBS Hartford 4 Charity
Win Red Sox Tickets All Season

Listen Live