Fire Displaces Elderly and Disabled Residents

PLAINFIELD, Conn.(CBS Connecticut)  A smoky  fire  drove the  elderly and disabled residents from their home at Lawton House on Babcock Avenue  in Plainfield late Friday afternoon.

Plainfield First Selectman Paul Sweet says  fire damage was minimal, but  there was  a lot of smoke damage  and firefighters had to take down a wall to  get to the blaze and  check  for hot spots.

Two  people  were taken to the hospital  for treatment of smoke inhalation.

There were 21 displaced residents. Some of the residents of the 3 story  facility  are staying with relatives, others    are being placed in  hotels and  are being  assisted by the Red Cross.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Connecticut

Play for the Knockout Pool to Win $5,000
Play for the Pro Football Challenge to Win $5,000

Listen Live