Local News

Hartford Girl Credited With Saving Family From Fire

View Comments
flames-fire-cbs-stock-generic_16x9

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) – A 17-year-old Hartford girl is being hailed as a hero for saving her family from a fire.

Antwana Tulley told WFSB-TV (http://bit.ly/IXRjSH ) that something woke her up at about 3 a.m. Wednesday and she noticed the fire in her family’s first-floor apartment.

Tulley rounded up her brothers and sisters and tossed them out a window because fire and smoke were blocking the front door.

The youngest sibling is only 1 year old. She and her mother then managed to get out of the house.

Residents on the second and third floors also escaped.

Officials believe a space heater that was too close to bedding started the fire.

Tulley’s family lost most of their belongings and are staying at a motel.

Hartford firefighters are organizing a gift drive for them.

(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

 

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 857 other followers