The Waste Continues.
At the end of each year I like to report on the latest “wasteful spending programs” by our federal government, the list is extensive so I like to pick a handful which are typical of how your hard earned tax dollars are wasted away:
* $ 87.5 million for free pet neutering.
* $141,450 for EPA funding for a Chinese study on swine manure
* $939,771 to study fruit fly sexual attractiveness.
* $ 76 million to round up wild horses.
* $ 325,000 for a robot squirrel to test the reaction of rattle snakes.
* $7 million to study the effects of natural rubber in tires.
*$ 1.1 million on puppet shows.
*$ 38.8 million for Alaska sightseeing trains.
and my favorite, $ 70 million cost to produce pennies, it costs the government 2 cents to make a 1 cent penny !
These are just a few examples there are many more .So when you pay your taxes this year think about all the creative ways are government tries to spend our money, you can’t make this stuff up !