WTIC1080
John Rowland Found Guilty On All Counts Read More

Local News

State To End Fight Of Release Of Newtown 911 Calls

View Comments
A visual representation of audio, called a waveform. Photo by WTIC's Matt Dwyer.

A visual representation of audio, called a waveform. Photo by WTIC’s Matt Dwyer.

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

MICHAEL MELIA
Associated Press

HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — A Connecticut prosecutor says he will not appeal a judge’s order to release 911 recordings from last year’s massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

State’s Attorney Stephen Sedensky III led the investigation into the Dec. 14 shooting that killed 20 children and six women.

He said Monday that the decision was made in consultation with others including an attorney for the town of Newtown.

A Superior Court judge ruled last week that Sedensky did not demonstrate why the calls should be exempt from public information laws in a case brought by The Associated Press.

Newtown officials announced earlier Monday that the tapes will be made public Wednesday.

The AP will review the content and determine what, if any, of it would meet the news cooperative’s standards for publication.

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 823 other followers