BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (AP) _ Schools superintendent Paul Vallas says he’ll focus on his Bridgeport job before he heads to Illinois as candidate for lieutenant governor next year.
The Connecticut Post reports (http://bit.ly/1iaj07W ) that Vallas told the Board of Education Tuesday night he and school officials must discuss when his 60-day notice should begin.
The Nov. 5 school board elections gave control to critics who want Vallas out. He said the election showed a desire to eliminate vestiges of state control of Bridgeport’s schools and change superintendents.
He was hired as superintendent after the elected school board was replaced by another appointed by the state. The Connecticut Supreme Court ruled the move illegal.
Vallas, a former Chicago schools chief, was selected last week by Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn to be his 2014 running mate.
Information from: Connecticut Post, http://www.connpost.com
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)