Manchester Residents Displaced After Fire On Main Street

Smoke enveloped portions of the Manchester Mall Shopping Center, after a fire broke out at a town bakery.

Manchester Fire along with crews from surrounding towns responded to a Saturday night blaze at 801 Main Street.

Crews were called to the scene around 9pm and remained there for hours fighting the fire.

The building houses The Great Harvest Bread Co., a pawn shop, and apartments on the second floor.

Fire officials have coordinated with the Red Cross to setup a temporary shelter for the displaced residents.

Reports say the fire started in the basement of the building and spread throughout the structure.

One fire official told WTIC News the building may need to be bulldozed.

No injuries were reported.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Connecticut

Price Chopper Supermarkets Presents Retail Food Rescue Program
Win Red Sox Tickets All Season

Listen Live