Bail Continues At Half Million For Hernandez “Right-Hand Man”
Get Breaking News First
Sports Fan Insider
By ERIKA NIEDOWSKI, Associated Press
FALL RIVER, Mass. (AP) _ A judge says a defendant whom Massachusetts prosecutors call the “right-hand man” of former New England Patriot Aaron Hernandez should continue to be held on $500,000 bail.
A bail hearing for Ernest Wallace was held Thursday at Bristol Superior Court in Fall River. His attorney sought $10,000 bail.
Wallace last week pleaded not guilty to a charge of being an accessory to murder after the fact in Odin Lloyd’s fatal shooting.
Hernandez has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder.
Prosecutors also revealed Thursday that a key witness in their case has changed his story about the night Lloyd was killed. Carlos Ortiz had repeatedly said Wallace and Hernandez got out of the car they were in with Lloyd before he heard shots ring out. Ortiz now says only Hernandez did.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)