Propane Tank Did Not Explode
Fire investigators have determined a 500 gallon underground propane tank was not the cause of a Tuesday afternoon explosion which destroyed a six thousand square foot home in Stamford.
Investigators say the explosion originated inside the house,but there were no indications of a significant breach of the gas lines.Several ignition sources have been found, but investigators have not pinpointed the source which led to the explosion at 305 Webbs Hill Road.
The homeowner,Giuseppe Cardillo, was out side at the time of the blast and suffered only minor injuries,
The Stamford and state fire marshals offices are investigating , along with the state Fire and Explosion Investigation Unit