Local News

Couple Alerts Residents Of Home Hit By Fire

View Comments
(Credit:  ThinkStock)

(Credit: ThinkStock)

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

A quick-thinking couple may have saved the lives of a family in Southington Sunday night.  Firefighters who responded to a fire at 56 Laurel Street say the fire appears to have started in the garage of the house before quickly extending to the home, as well as the house next door.

By the time first responders arrived, those inside the home had already been rescued.  Richard Piccirillo, a firefighter himself, and his wife Jaclyn said their first reaction when they drove by was to immediately run inside and make sure everyone was out.

The Southington Fire Department said it appears the homeowners did not even realize anything was wrong until their door was kicked down by the Piccirillos,  who then alerted the neighbors.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 845 other followers