Man Injured In Monroe Fire

A man is in the hospital following an early morning fire in Monroe.

The blaze broke out around 2:30 in a home at 24 Squire Road in the town’s Barn Hill section.

Officials say a woman and four children made it out safely.

A volunteer firefighter pulled the unconscious man out of the house.  He was rushed to a local hospital but there’s no word on his condition.

One firefighter was administered oxygen at the scene but didn’t require hospitalization.

A dog was also rescued.

Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the master bedroom but not before smoke filled the second floor.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Connecticut

At The Box Office
Ski Card

Listen Live