Local News

Father Of Conn. School Gunman Claims Son’s Body

View Comments
Twenty seven wooden stand in a yard down the street from the Sandy Hook School (Photo by Spencer Platt/Getty Images)

Twenty seven wooden stand in a yard down the street from the Sandy Hook School (Photo by Spencer Platt/Getty Images)

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — The father of the gunman who killed 26 people in a Connecticut school shooting has claimed his son’s body.

A spokesman for the family said Monday that Peter Lanza claimed the remains of Adam Lanza. He says there were private arrangements over the weekend, but won’t elaborate on what those arrangements were.

The 20-year-old Adam Lanza killed 20 first-graders and six adults at the Sandy Hook Elementary School on Dec. 14. He also killed his mother in their Newtown home before going on the rampage and committing suicide.

The Connecticut medical examiner’s office says his body was released on Thursday.

A private funeral was held earlier this month in New Hampshire for his mother, Nancy Lanza, who was divorced from Peter Lanza.

Police haven’t offered a motive for the killings.

(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 843 other followers