- This recipe is from a very old edition of Food and Wine Magazine. I have never had bluefish prepared like this before. PURE HEAVEN!!! We used to make this when I was a chef at Equator Bank in Hartford a gazillion years ago.
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 1/3 cup minced peeled Granny Smith apple
- 1/3 cup minced fresh dill
- 2 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 4 bluefish fillets (about 4 ounces each), skinned
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar or a white wine vinegar
In a small bowl combine, onion. apple, dill, dijon, olive oil , and salt and pepper. Put the bluefish filets on a large plate and cover with this mixture, evenly coating. Both sides should be covered with the mixture. Cover in plastic and place overnight in refrigerator.