Red Sox Owner Denies Any Players Called For Valentine’s Replacement

BOSTON (AP) _ Red Sox owner John Henry says no one at a meeting with players last month called for manager Bobby Valentine to be replaced.

Henry sent an email on Wednesday, one day after Yahoo! Sports reported that several players met with Henry and team president Larry Lucchino on July 27 in New York to complain about the manager’s handling of the team.

Owner Tom Werner also was at the meeting, according to Henry, who said that no one who attended took the position that Valentine should be or needed to be replaced. The Red Sox are a disappointing 57-60 in Valentine’s first season.

Henry said the overriding sentiment expressed by the players was that they felt responsible for their record.

(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press.  All Rights Reserved.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Connecticut

WTIC Holiday Stores 2016
Hear WTIC Podcasts

Listen Live