Three Injured In Plainville House Fire

PLAINVILLE, Conn. (AP) _ Three people have been injured in a fire that badly damaged a home in Plainville.

Firefighters say a man was trapped inside the home on Washington Street after the fire broke out early Monday morning.

He was rescued from the building and flown to the burn unit at Bridgeport Hospital.

A woman was found outside the house suffering from smoke inhalation.

She was sent to a local hospital.

A firefighter also was overcome by smoke and hospitalized.

The names of the victims have not been released.

Fire officials say the entire first floor of the home was burning when they arrived at about 2:30 a.m., shortly after the fire was reported. There was no immediate word on a cause of the fire.

(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press.  All Rights Reserved.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Connecticut

CBS Hartford 4 Charity
Win Red Sox Tickets All Season

Listen Live