Popular Shelton Diner Gutted By Fire

SHELTON, Conn. (AP) _ A Shelton diner has been gutted by a fire that also damaged several other businesses in a local shopping plaza.

Shelton fire officials say the blaze began at about 11 p.m. Thursday inside the Sassafras Diner in the Huntington Plaza.

Firefighters were able to contain the flames to the diner, but they say a greeting card store, a gift shop, a chiropractor’s office and a hair salon suffered some smoke and water damage.

One firefighter suffered a minor ankle injury fighting the blaze.

(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Connecticut

The Latest UConn News
CT Business Spotlight

Listen Live