Carbon Monoxide Sends Seven To Hospital

A carbon monoxide leak sent  residents of a Waterbury home to the hospital overnight.

Fire Chief David Martin says the call at about 3:30 a.m. came from a resident who reported feeling ill,  and who said other members of his family and his dog were unconscious.  He says when crews arrived and measured,  carbon monoxide levels in the three-family home were put at about 600 parts per million.  Waterbury firefighters put on their breathing apparatus when levels reach 25 parts per million.

Seven of the ten residents were taken to Waterbury and St. Mary’s hospitals for treatment.

The problem was traced to faulty furnaces in the basement.  None of the homes had carbon monoxide detectors.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Connecticut

WTIC Holiday Stores 2016
Hear WTIC Podcasts

Listen Live