Bridgeport Suspect Deported To Brazil To Face Double Murder Charges

BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (AP) _ A Brazilian man who was wanted in a double slaying in his home country has been deported to face prosecution following his arrest in Connecticut.

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement says 31-year-old Isaias Goncalves Dos Santos was turned over to authorities in Rio de Janeiro on Thursday.

Dos Santos was arrested in January after Bridgeport police alerted federal immigration authorities that he was believed to be in the city.

An Interpol notice had been issued for the arrest of Dos Santos, who allegedly devised a plan that led to the killing of a Brazilian mayor and a friend inside the mayor’s kitchen in October 2009.

(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press.  All Rights Reserved.)

Comments

One Comment

  1. jigsRus says:

    deport the rest of the illegals

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Connecticut

CBS Hartford 4 Charity
Win Red Sox Tickets All Season

Listen Live