Governor: No Major Budget Cuts Planned

By SUSAN HAIGH, Associated Press

HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) _ Connecticut Gov. Dannel P. Malloy says he has no plans to propose major cuts to next fiscal year’s state budget despite a decline in state revenues.

The Democratic governor said in an interview Friday with The Associated Press that he believes revenues will rebound, as originally projected in the two-year, $40.1 billion budget plan that passed last year. He said he’s “not seeing anything” that indicates revenues will not rise in the fiscal year that begins in July.

Malloy is scheduled to address a joint session of the General Assembly on Wednesday, the opening day of the new legislative session. He will also present changes to the second year of the two-year budget.

Malloy’s budget office recently cut spending to cover a $73.6 million deficit that emerged this fiscal year.

(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press.  All Rights Reserved.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Connecticut

Play for the Knockout Pool to Win $5,000
Play for the Pro Football Challenge to Win $5,000

Listen Live