Cheshire High School Gym Rocked by Blast
Cheshire Police and Fire departments along with the Emergency Services Unit of the State Police were called to the west gym at Cheshire High School just after 5:30 Friday evening when a homemade explosive device detonated during girls volleyball practice.
The device was made from a plastic drink bottle ,filled with what appeared to be household chemicals, creating a gas release. The bottle was capped pressure built up and caused the explosion.
Two people were taken to area hospitals for evaluation after complaining of headache and throat irritation.The rest of the school remained open and a play in the auditorium went on as scheduled.
The explosion did not cause any damage to the gym.