Candles May Have Ignited Portland House Fire

PORTLAND, Conn. (AP) _ Fire officials believe candles may have ignited a blaze that destroyed a home in Portland.

Portland fire officials say homeowners told them they had candles burning in a bedroom on the house on Wilcox Road, which was left without power following Tropical Storm Irene.

The fire was reported at about 2:30 a.m. on Tuesday. Nobody was injured, but fire officials say several pets may have perished in the blaze.

     (Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press.  All Rights Reserved.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Connecticut

CBS Hartford 4 Charity
Win Red Sox Tickets All Season

Listen Live