Chief Identifies Firefighter Who Died On Call
WINDSOR, Conn. (AP) _ A 50-year-old firefighter has died after responding to a call that smoke was being smelled at a Windsor health care center.
Robert Watts was charging a fire hydrant when he collapsed Monday night, town officials said Tuesday in a news release.
Watts was taken to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Mayor Donald Trinks told the Hartford Courant there was no fire, and the odor apparently was caused by a mechanical malfunction at the Windsor Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center.
Officials say Watts joined the department in 2003. He leaves behind a 17-year-old son and 15-year-old daughter. Funeral arrangements were incomplete Tuesday.
Information from: The Hartford Courant, http://www.courant.com
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)