Organizers of Sunday’s UConn Victory Parade have announced the marching units which will take part in the event honoring the Huskies for their NCAA National Championship.
The parade will step off from the North Steps of the Capitol at 3 p.m., down Trinity Street to Jewel to Gold Street to Main, south on Main Street to Capitol Avenue, then west on Capitol Avenue, back to the North Steps of the Capitol building for a rally at about 4:15.
The marching units (in alphabetical order, not marching order) are:
· ABC Drill Team and Drum Corps;
· Aetna Marchers;
· American Medical Response;
· Bulkeley High School Marching Bulldogs;
· City of Hartford Elected Officials;
· Connecticut Valley Siberian Husky Club, Inc.;
· Deep River Junior Ancient Fife & Drum Corps;
· First Company Governor’s Foot Guard and Band;
· Fly By Night Jugglers;
· Hartford Business Improvement District (HBID) with Confetti Sprayer;
· The Hartford Courant;
· Hartford Magnet Middle School Marching Phoenix and the Wings of Gold;
· Hartford Police Department Color Guard;
· Hartford Police Mounted Horse Patrol;
· Inter District Steel Pan Ensemble;
· Marquis of Granby Jr. Ancient Fyfe and Drum Corps;
· Moodus Drum & Fife Corps;
· Northeast Utilities – Connecticut Light & Power Company – Yankee Gas;
· State of Connecticut Elected Officials;
· UConn Alumni Cheerleaders Association;
· UConn Cheerleaders, Jonathan the Husky Mascot and Jonathan the Dog;
· UConn Director of Athletics Jeff Hathaway;
· UConn Fire Truck;
· UConn Huskies Men’s Basketball Team & Coaches;
· UConn Pep Bands (two of them);
· UConn Trustees;
· WPLR Radio; and
· WTIC 1080 and Joe D’Ambrosio and Wayne Norman.
WTIC’s Joe D’Ambrosio, the voice of the Huskies, will serve as Master of Ceremonies, with comments from Governor Dannel Malloy, Trustees Chair Larry McHugh, UConn Coach Jim Calhoun and player Kemba Walker.