Tips For A Healthy Heart
From Dr. Paul D. Thompson, Chief of Cardiology, Hartford Hospital
1. Take a daily aspirin if you are a man over 40 or a woman over 50 and do not have a history of gastrointestinal bleeding, reflux esophagitis or increased bleeding.
5. Get your blood pressure measured at least twice a year.
6. If you need cholesterol or blood pressure medications, take them faithfully.
7. If you smoke, quit.
8. See your doctor promptly if you develop any new symptoms of heartburn or indigestion, especially if they come on with exertion and go away with rest.
9. If you think you are having a heart attack, don’t take any chances. Don’t drive yourself to the hospital. Call 911, stay put and chew a regular aspirin tablet.