WTIC1080

Local News

Propane Line Ruptured In Marlborough

View Comments

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

Residents of a condominium complex in the town of Marlborough were evacuated for a time Saturday morning following a propane leak. The call from an address on Cheyenne Court came in shortly after 8:30 a.m., said fire officials.

First selectman Bill Black says the leak was caused by a payloader that was clearing snow from the parking lot, when it struck a line connected to a large propane tank.

Power was cut to the area and a dozen homes were evacuated.

The leak was capped and residents allowed back to their homes around 10:30 a.m., said Black.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus