Teen Killed in Overnight ATV Crash

Easton Police say a local teenager was killed early Saturday morning when the all-terrain vehicle he was riding was struck by a vehicle. Police say Robert Smuniewski, 18, was thrown from the ATV and found in Route 59, also known as Sport Hill Road, shortly after midnight. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police say Smuniewski struck the hood and windshield of the 1991 Honda Accord that hit him before coming to rest in the roadway.

The driver of the car is identified as Stewart Lahey, 84, of Bridgeport, said authorities.

While the crash remains under investigation, police say weather was not a factor in the accident. As of Saturday morning, no charges had been filed in the case.

Comments

1. Anonymous says:

Rob was an eccentric kid that was known and loved by all of us. Rest in peace man.

2. dominique says:

Rob i will miss you so much, you were such a great friend and i love how u didnt care what people thought and said wht u wanted..you made everyone laugh between the jokes, actions and with your love of red heads<3 i love you and you will be greatly missed. Rest in peace and i will see you soon one day soon

3. Anonymous says:

Rob was a kid everyone knew, it’s such a shame to see a genuinly nice kid go like that. He was loved and will be greatly missed.

4. Brynn says:

Barlow just won’t be the same without you, Rob. You are easily the funniest kid I know. You will be missed more than words can express.

5. Anonymous says:

Rob, school will not be the same without you. You made me smile every single day and i will miss you deeply.

6. jonhndee says:

my condolences goes out to his family he was such a funny kid that u just had to love him u will be missed Rob R.I.P

7. Paul says:

You were good kid Rob, wish things could have been different. You will be missed, your in a better place now. My prayers are with your family.

8. Sophia says:

rob, we love you and you will be missed so much. Barlow was such a happy place when you were there. you could light up anyones day and i hope you know how many people adored you. i hope heaven is a wonderful place and i hope you find many hot redheads, love you rob, R.I.P

9. Anonymous says:

Theres no doubt that Rob will be missed each and everyday by his Barlow classmates. He is the funniest kid I’ve ever met, and whenever I walked by him in the halls, I couldn’t help but smile. He couldn’t help but smile. He easily brightened up everyones day, without even trying. Rest in peace Rob, you’ll always remain a barlow legend. You’ll never be forgotten, I promise.

10. Anonymous says:

Rob i will miss you always i only knew him for one year and in that short time he had such impact on my life rest in peace rob i will always remember your

11. Anonymous says:

I didn’t know Rob but it is still so sad to hear news like this. Rest in Peace, Rob.

12. Lexi says:

Rob, you were one of a kind. The way you didn’t give a damn about what people thought about you. The way you could make someones day by just saying Hi! The way your voice echoed when you sang songs skipping down the hall. You made Barlow. Everyone will miss you. I can’t wait to see you soon buddy.
    P.S: Catching any redheads up there?

13. Anonymous says:

Rob I have known you since middle school. Since then I have seen you make people laugh and have brought joy to even the worst times. Barlow will never be the same without you and neither will the class of 2011. We will love and remember you forever<3

14. anonymous says:

To Rob’s family,we are so deeply saddened to hear about Rob, Our girls tell us that he was everyone’s favorite- he made the freshman smile all the way to the seniors. His personality was one of the great ones. We give you all of our strength, love, and peace as you move through your days. Tears in heaven.

15. Chloe L. says:

Rob everyone will miss you <333 you were the funniest kid I knew and you brought smiles to everyones face.

16. Sonya says:

I remember joking with you several times, I remember you singing and whistling in the halls, and I remember how excited you were about the first Tri-M Swing Dance. You were the only one who really cared deeply about the swing music when we were selling tickets and I always looked forward to seeing you come by. One of the few kids in Barlow who was so easy to love.

17. Name says:

Rob was the kind of kid who help anybody, always had a smile on his face and ready with a joke ….Rest in peace Rob

18. Alexandra says:

Rob was somebody that everyone at school knew. He had life, energy and always said what was on his mind. He would walk into classrooms just to say hello to people.

He was also voted “Most Unforgettable,” because he really stood out from most people.

We’ll miss you! RIP. You really are the Most Unforgettable!

19. Anonymous says:

I didn’t know Rob that well, but I can’t imagine school without seeing him walking and hanging out with friends in the hallways. Bye Rob, you’ll be missed for your love of red heads. Rest in peace, Rob.

20. Miguel says:

I hope wherever you are Rob, there are more red-heads than you will be able to flirt with forever. We will all miss you Rob no matter what, and Barlow’s sincere apologies are with your family because it will never be the same

21. Peter says:

We all love you Rob. Barlow will never be the same without you man. Rest in peace. We will never forget you

22. Easton parent says:

My prayers are with Rob’s family at this terrible time. I truly hope that all his classmates out there reading these posts will honor his memory by being just a little kinder to one another. In his too short life he left his mark on this world. How will you?

23. Anonymous says:

RIP Rob you were amazing and you were definitely the most unforgettable person to ever walk through the halls of Barlow. i only knew you for around a little over half a year but in that short amount of time you impacted my life more than ever! whenever you would talk to me or say hi to me in the hallway my day would just brighten. and when you called me pretty my face would light up! we love and miss you Rob and you will never be forgotten in Barlow and in my heart.

24. ken&jen says:

Robert was such a happy person. Always there to put a smile on your face. He became like family to us our little brother. We will miss him more then words can even express. Our hearts and prayers are with his family. RIP Rob.. We love you❤

25. Anonymous says:

Rob was the best friend and student that you would meet. He made every day so much better and was the true reason why a lot of us Barlow students came to school. There wasn’t a second of the day when you didn’t see him with a smile on his face. Hearing his loud voice down the hallway completed our school and he is missed by every Joel Barlow student already. I love you Rob you have changed my life and so many others. Rest in peace, I miss you.

26. laxmanx21@aim.com says:

Rest in Peace Rob. I didn’t know you for very long, but for the time that i did there wasnt a second of the day where you made me smile. every time i saw you in the hallway you’d scream something funny and everyone would just laugh, and you’d continue on your way to the next hallway. I’ll never forget you Rob, you were an amazing kid and i wish i knew you longer. Rest in Peace dude, heavens a good place to be. you’re in everyone’s heart forever, no one will ever forget you.

27. Anonymous says:

I personally didn’t know Rob too well, but whenever I’d walk in the halls I always seemed to run into him. No matter how bad of a day I was having whatever he was singing or saying always made me smile. He knew how to make everyone smile, no matter how bad of a day they were having. How could you not, he was Rob. Barlow wouldn’t have been the same without him, and I know he will be missed by everyone that had a chance to meet him. Rest in peace Rob, we all miss you already.

28. lucy says:

Rob, there was something about you that made everyone around you laugh. We are all going to miss you so much. I hope heavens treating you well, ill see you soon. everyone at barlow loves you. you made an impact on everyones life you met. I miss you.

29. Addie says:

Rob, I will miss you so much. You always had a smile on your face and always made me laugh. You didn’t care what people thought about you. I’ll miss seeing you in your button down and khakis. Barlow will never ever ever be the same without you. I hope you’re getting all the red heads in heaven. Rest in peace Rob.

30. Anonymous says:

Rob. What a kid. I didn’t know him personally but that didn’t stop him from saying hello to me every time I saw him in the hall. I can truly say Rob made Barlow a better place. He was the reason for smiles on many and will be missed greatly. Rest in peace. I wish his family my regards.

31. anonymous says:

I remember you were called to office one day, but in stead of walking to the office, you took a chair from the writing center and rolled your way down freshman hallway singing! Everyone had a smile on their face. You had the greatest personality. It’s one of the things we loved most about you! You were such a great friend. You were the only kid at barlow that could brighten someone’s day just by saying hi, or sharing a smile! You were the funniest and sweetest kid I had ever met; you were outgoing and didn’t care about what others thought. Most of all you weren’t afraid to speak his mind! You will never be forgotten, but always remembered! You truly are “Most Unforgettable”! We love you and you will be missed; forever and always! RIP Rob

1. Lisa says:

I am so glad to know that my cousin was so loved… Thank you all for sharing…

32. Anonymous says:

RIP ROB. no one will ever forget you or what you had to bring to barlow. you were such an amazing kid and it breaks so many peoples hearts that your life got cut short. you had so much ahead of you and i and the rest of barlow hopes you know that we all love you and miss you so much. whenever you said hi to me it just made me smile. i would be walking in the halls and hear you say hi to me and just smile and turn around and see your face bright up because of someone else having a smile on their face. you are truly one amazing kid that had hands down the best personality in barlow. every single kid loved you. i hope you look down at everyone and know that we all miss you and wish you were here, i am so unbelievably blessed that i knew a kid like you. rest in peace rob. you are so amazing. i love and miss you so much. )):

33. Tara D says:

Hey Rob. Im going to miss you sooooo much. Though I just met you this year you always put a smile on my face. Walking to west civ just won’t be the same without you. I hope you are meeting some nice red heads up there. I will miss you. Rest in peace Rob. I will never forget you!

34. Anonymous says:

rob i will miss you so much. you couldn’t help but make me laugh everyday. you brighten my day everytime you would say hi to me in the hall. you always had a smile on your face and made me smile even when i was in my worst mood. i could talk to you about anything, even though we werent that great of friends. you were never afraid to say what was on your mind. you didnt care about what anyone though. you are truely a hero in my eyes. you are THE legend of barlow. no one will ever forget you, i can promise you that. barlow will never be the same without you. no one else will walk down the halls singing and dancing. no other senior would come to a freshman dance. no one else would dance on top of a table. no one else would long board across the cafeteria. you are really one of a kind rob. you’ve given me a new perspective on life and encouraged me to live life to my fullest with no regrets. you changed my life forever rob, even with just knowning you for a short amount of time. i love you rob, thanks for being you every single day. you will be missed by everyone, forever. i hope you get all the red heads you want up there. rest in peace.

35. Me says:

We all loved Rob. He was a friend to all of us. He will never be forgotten.
    Love you, Rob