Five People Displaced by Bolton House Fire
BOLTON, Conn. (AP and WTIC) – Fire officials say two people were hospitalized suffering from smoke inhalation after an early morning fire in Bolton.
Firefighters responded to the Rocco Road home just after 1 a.m. on Monday, to find five occupants of the home outside and a burning couch on the front lawn, said Fire Marshal Raymond Walker. Crews searched the home to ensure there wasn’t anyone else inside and rescued several pets, he said.
A woman and one of her adult children were taken to St. Francis Hospital and Medical Center in Hartford for smoke inhalation. They are expected to recover, said authorities.
Firefighters limited the blaze to the first floor.
Walker credited smoke detectors with saving the lives of the residents.
Crews from several surrounding communities responded to the fire. The blaze remains under investigation, but authorities believe it was an accident and that it may have been started by smoking materials after the woman fell asleep on the couch.
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)