Three Taken to Hospital, Residents Evacuated in Meriden Hazmat Situation

Residents of 81 apartments at the Wilcox Apartments on South Main Street in Middletown were evacuated after three workers cleaning the grounds at the complex were taken to a hospital when they were exposed to an unknown substance.  A plastic container,  about 30 gallons, broke when they tried to move it, releasing a vapor cloud.  Residents were taken to the nearby Woodrow Wilson Middle School.

The state called a specialist in environmental cleanup.  They were trying to determine the nature of the substance before moving it.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Connecticut

WTIC Holiday Stores 2016
Hear WTIC Podcasts

Listen Live