jameshallccsu0907001058 Smoky Conditions Force Students from CCSU Dorm; Student Center Also Evacuated

WTIC Photo Matt Dwyer

Students living in the James dormitory at Central Connecticut State University were forced from the building at about 9:30 this morning by a smoky fire.  A few hours later the student center on campus was evacuated after one student passed out and at least one other reported feeling light-headed.

A spokesman says several hundred students were evacuated from the residence hall, and will be given alternate accommodations in nearby residence halls until the situation at James is sorted out.

A spokesman says dark smoke was coming from the top level of the building, under the roof line.

Firefighters were going room-to-room to make sure everyone was out of the building.


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

More From CBS Connecticut

Watch CBSN Live
CBS Entertainment

Listen Live